Albuquerque Floor Coating Restoration
If containiments and hard abbrasives are present, they should be removed by mopping or washing with detergents and degreasers and rinsed completely. Always be sure not to use a detergent or degreaser with a high a concentration. Promptly remove grease, and other contaminants from the surface of the floor. Be sure to rinse off all chemical solutions that may attack the surface. Synthetic mops and micro fiber mops tend to work better on non-textured and textured surfaces than cotton mops. The water solution should be changed frequently as well. Smooth floors are easily cleaned this way. It may be necessary to give extra care to areas that are subject to heavy traffic, hard rubber wheels, and steel wheels that leave marks. In these situations you can use the methods used for textured floors for these more difficult to remove contaminations.
Non - Skid Coatings
Nonskid coatings may require the use of a stiff bristled brush or floor scrubber to reach to bottom of the anti-skid texture.
Severe problem areas can be treated as follows:
- Grease is typically removed by Tri-sodium phosphate (TSP) or other industrial biodegradable degreaser/ cleaner
- Dairy products should be removed immediately as they may cause staining on some types of seamless flooring and seamless floor coating systems
- Tire marks should be scrubbed with a stiff bristled brush and using the same biodegradable floor cleaner that you are using to mop with
- When trying to remove stubborn dirt or stains, allow the biodegradable cleaner to set in the area for a little while longer and do the work for you. Then completely rinse to area to remove the cleaner and the dirt
- Chemical spills should always be rinsed with strong chemicals as quickly as possible completely from the surface. Chemicals that are allowed to dry on the surface typically become more concentrated as they dry. That may cause the chemical to get concentrated enough to stain or even attack the seamless floor or seamless floor coating. Some chemicals will need to be neutralized prior to clean up and properly disposed of
Floor Coating Maintenance for Albuquerque New Mexico
All coating will break down over time; each coating will require restoration, if a coating is taken care of, maintenance will only be a fraction of the cost when the time comes. Most epoxies will need to be abraded with sand paper and chemically wiped down for a new coat of epoxy to be applied. Polyurethanes will require the surface to be abraded and chemically wiped down prior to installation of a new coat of polyurethane. All recoats on coating will need to be prepped to accept the new coating being adhered.